Internet is now a tool whose effectiveness in the pursuit of information is completely amazing, even for someone like me, has almost 18 years using available resources in the network.
When I was a child (until yesterday did not know the exact age), on a summer night in my hometown (remember it was summer because that night was down the street after dinner, which is unusual outside in summer mountain village as Benafigos, over 900 meters high), I saw with a friend, being in the town square, something strange in the sky.
now I'm not going to speculate on what that was (UFO, reflecting atmospheric spy plane or leave you to know), but I do remember is that after seeing him disappear brightly on that starry sky, I entered my house running warning that had just seen a spaceship or a UFO from the town square; I remember that I do not know if the same size when discovery recount or a few days later, my family was watching television watching a performance by a group who sang something about a preemptive strike of the USSR, and that song I relate directly with that sighting.
I never raised, until yesterday, to inquire into that memory, but yesterday I did an internet search for the name of the group that was performing on television that night ( Polanski and The Burning were called) and finding his young age (1982-1984) realized that it would be very difficult to trace in a musical performance in TVE (only television then).
Indeed, the July 15, 1983 Polanski and The Burning performed in a special " 1, 2, 3 ... Say again " dedicated to the music, the date I fit with the summer season and the program (I saw all of Spain) too, but in libraries there is no reference to similar sightings on dates after 15, July, however, to extend the search to around the year 1983 in the library of the country (with the keyword "UFO") are two stories in the month of October, although not leave me more at ease (do not know very well what it was that saw me and many other English ), at least I removed the burden of thinking of myself if at age 10 was not as buzzed as not to distinguish an aircraft of another thing: The
Government through the Ministry of Defence has confirmed that a UFO flying over an area close to Madrid for a minute, the 12th of July, according to the reply given by the Executive to the corresponding question Gabriel Elorriaga deputy of the Popular Party. Or air defense systems installed in the vicinity of the capital of Spain, or the Madrid-control radars, it is said in response, detected the unidentified flying object. This was seen, however, by the pilots of a fighter jet training base Phantom Torrejón (Madrid) by the controller of this base, the pilots of two aircraft to Iberia and the provision of other equipment U.S. Air Force based in Torrejón ( El País, 05/10/1983 ).
The public history of the UFO sightings in various locations, began in Benicassim (Castellón), where hundreds of people watched him for several minutes. The vision lasted eight minutes in that area, according to local officials, and testimony were compared by the Guardia Civil and National Police, which led to an agreement regarding rapid and irregular movements of the object and on its trail and fusiform , says Elorriaga in the report bases its parliamentary question. Elorriaga, based "on the opinions from experts and watchers," said he could be a war or espionage missile ( El País, 14/10/1983 ).
Thus, through a memory and the Internet, I know that the July 12, 1983 I spotted while my family was seeing Jesus Hermida or program live each day (about 22:15), as well as able spot in Tarragona, Cadiz, Murcia, Jaén or many others, which for some was a trial balloon (such as ABC picked up the day 14), for others a missile spy (as officially recognized) and for others, some of the so fashionable at that time flying saucers. My association of ideas at 10 years (the sighting and the song Polanski and The Burning I heard three days later) at that time coincided with the official version .
This means that in just over three hours I have discovered only through the Internet and my vague recollection, what we were doing for me and my family between 22:15 and 22:30 on a summer day 28 years ago.
0 comments:
Post a Comment